Saturday, August 21, 2010

PILLS

I am here to tell you that I just have NO idea how to communicate about pills with Betty.  She was given some antibiotics last Thursday, 40 pills to last 10 days and was missing 4 by the time she arrived yesterday.

That means that she took 4 extra...I assume spaced out over hours.  When asked there is immediate denial.  Her first response was, "You did not give them to me."  Then it became everything from being shortchanged to a Martian took them.

The second you ask about something she goes DEFENSIVE and EXCUSE laden.  There is never an Oh Crap I took too many too few too too......  I have NO clue as to how to talk to her about the medication.  I am at a loss.  I give the bottles of vitamins to her at the table with a.m. and p.m. separated.  I put the morning pill bottle on one side and the evening on the other.  I watch and triple check as she fills the container.  Then, when she takes too many...she says that I filled them I must have made a mistake. 

What the heck to do?  I suppose only one of us can pout and it is not me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It means a lot to me. Mary GW