Friday, December 24, 2021

I Need To Heal


  We have all had crazy lives lately. Pandemic, vac’s, separation from loved ones, isolation, fear, a long litany of things that could break your spirit. I was handling all those things the best I could until I got a call from my youngest son telling me that my oldest son, his brother, had been found dead. October 20, 2021. Fifty one years old. No chances left for reconciliation or healing of our relationship…dead. Final. Gone. 

  In the minutes, hours, days, weeks since that call I am finding everything so difficult. There are just two who see the rawness of my grief, God and my husband Bob. Poor Bob tries to comfort me as best as he can.  God reminds me that He is with the broken-hearted. When I seem inconsolable Jesus reaches out and grabs me, through scripture and music and offers me peace.  

   And so, I will create. I will use my hands and heart to create, hopefully healing my grief in the process.  



1 comment:

  1. Mary, there are no words to express how truly sorry I am to hear of the loss of your son and of the pain and grief you are feeling. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It means a lot to me. Mary GW