Sunday, October 5, 2014


Here is Christmas card number two.  I spent entirely too much time with this one but since it was all new to me I wanted to go slow.  I learned something along the way.  Never crease the card before using the Distress ink for the sky because your masking will never be quite right and you'll see a gap.

I tore some post it notes to create a hill and then did the Distress ink sky.  After it was dry I used my snow fall stencil from Simon Says Stamps to create a snowy sky.  The birch tree die with the cardinals is Impression Obsession as is the bunny.  The banner die is Simon Says Stamp and the sentiment Gina K. Design.

I had a lot of fun with the masking and distress inking.  Usually I get stress myself because the tool you use to blend the ink always seems to leave a circle of too dark color.  I used a lighter touch and started way off the paper on my mat.  

Bottom line...FUN!



2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love this! Your snowy sky looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this amazing die cute holiday design! Sensational card, Mary!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It means a lot to me. Mary GW