Sunday, August 15, 2010

Thank God for Books!

I think I have mentioned that I am addicted to books and have PILES of them everywhere.  Luckily Bob has the same addiction so we can't complain about each others piles.

I am a fan of mysteries and found one I really like; Leave No Stone Unturned by Jeanne Glidewell.  I had never really paid attention to the term, Cozy Mystery, until I saw it in the acknowledgments in Ms. Glidewells book. 
So, the I went online, and found a GREAT SITE...

                        Cozy Mystery

I was really glad to read that another book is in the works by the same author.  One thing I love is a series...especially when there is a hero or heroine I connect with. 
  
 I have favorites; Julia Spencer-Fleming, Nancy Bell and now I just love Lexie Starr..in Leave No Stone Unturned

I was realizing last night that my favorite "Take Me Away Calgon Bouquet" is, reading mysteries.  I usually read two books at a time.  I just finished Scent of Danger by Doranna Durgin at the same time I read, Shiver by Lisa Jackson. One would be a COZY and one NOT!  Now I am reading, the cozy, Leave No Stone Unturned and the NOT so cozy,  Merciless by Richard Montanari. 

I am pretty sure that I read two opposite types at a time so as not to ever confuse what I am reading.  Since I basically only use two stories of the four possible, I have a book available at all times on either level!

My mother passed on the love of reading....I am so glad I have done the same.  Now, my children are passing it on to my grandchildren.  How wonderful!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It means a lot to me. Mary GW