Saturday, November 8, 2008

Reading to Children

I have always loved children's books. Reading was a high priority in my family and I grew up reading Nancy Drew, Trixie Beldon, and Cherry Ames. I loved mysteries...still do! My mother had built in bookshelves built in our guest bedroom and she had 100's of books. I loved to sit on the floor and look at the books and the National Geographic or Woman's Day magazines.
I always made sure I had books available for my children and they were always at the library. It has thrilled me to watch my children pass on the love of reading to their children. Cheryl uses books on tape in the car and they read to them still even though they are getting older. I watch Josh and Annie read to Caroline wh
o is an official page turner. Awesome!
Of course she is a cutie but with a ribbon tied around her head...whoa!!!
I was mentioning some books that I love...Round Robin, Duck Duck and the Edna Miller Mousekin books. I went online and found Round Robin and Duck Duck at Powells.com

I think I am going to try to make a list of my favorite children's books here;
  • Trixie Belden and the Red Trailer Mystery
  • Cappyboppy
  • Hands Hands Fingers Thumb
  • Duck Duck
  • Round Robin
  • Tiki Tiki Tembo
  • Stone Soup
  • A Gathering of Days
  • Stargirl
  • Slinky Malinki
  • Henry The Explorer
  • To Be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It means a lot to me. Mary GW