Monday, April 28, 2008

Lawyer Speak

My lawyer just called and honest to God I have no idea what the hell he is talking about and he makes me feel so stupid. He keeps saying, "You can't make a decision...what's wrong with you?" He rifles off these questions about when I went to therapy, where, address, who paid and I am either stupid or dense. Do most people have the ability to reel off answers as to when they saw this doctor or that? He wants to know if I want to settle for $50,000 but of course out of that comes his 20% plus expenses. I am 57 years old and unable to work from this injury. $39,000 is not going to take me far now is it?

I hate this whole process and I feel sick. I feel stupid. I feel uneducated. I feel like a burden to my husband. I can't believe I have more friggin tears to cry...how is that even possible? I said that it was hard to thinkl anbout having no money so what does he say? Everyone has troubles. No shit.

I wish I knew what to do. I wish I knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It means a lot to me. Mary GW