Sunday, October 19, 2014

I have now officially lost track of how many Christmas cards I have completed.  I think that is a good thing... or not.  This card is being entered into two challenges; 
Christmas Cards All Year Round
The Crafty Bloggers Network

Challenges are a lot of fun because they give you direction.  I need to thank Kitty @ KTDESIGNS aka FitKitty for pointing me in the direction of these challenges.

This card was a lot of fussy work for me.  I stitched around the sentiment, (GinaK) with gold thread.  Used my crimper to crimp the pink paper and used shabby white embossing powder to emboss along the edge.  The paper was scrap paper purchased many years ago but the interesting thing is that the small piece cut out above the bird, giving him a hat, came from an empty tissue box.  I can't be the only one who thinks these tissue boxes are too pretty to toss!  I used the Eliza snowflake die from Simon Says Stamp and sprayed it with gold mist. (and my hands and the top of my laptop)

Lots of sequins and gold confetti.  Like glitter, one can never have too many sequins or confetti.  Thanks for looking at my card!

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card! Beautiful gold snowflake and I love your paper! So many amazing details! And thank you for the shout out - it made me smile - so glad I could help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card and lovely sentiment. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card for CCAYR October challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, CCAYR design team - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for October - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! You really put a lot into this card. I LOVE your snowflake! Great idea using the tissue box.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It means a lot to me. Mary GW