Monday, September 16, 2013

Oh! The glorious colors of Autumn!

     Just days away from fall and miles away from my beloved New England!  I decided to do a background of autumn colors using the dye ink pads Bob bought for me at Michael's.
    Then, I had some pages from an old Thomas Kincaid desk top calendar and never throwing away anything I cut off the calendar portion and voila!
   I used my Spellbinders label die and after stamping the word's Oh! Glorious colors of Autumn, I used my Big Shot, (again, thank you Bob!) and cut the label out.  I am looking forward to receiving the magnetic platform because it is no easy task to line this thin die up with the paper and have it stay where it belongs.  (again, thank you Bob!)



   I chose a red card base and I am not going to do a lot of layering as I want the background I made to show as much as possible.  Will I send this out or tape it to my wall?  The only colors I see here are an occasional potted Croton and one or two crape myrtles still in bloom.

    With lot's of re-arranging I decided on this layout.  I ended up using a leaf I had in my stash saved from a card piece I recycled.  It lines up perfectly with the background I sponged!  The tag went away as I found it too big.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It means a lot to me. Mary GW