Friday, March 13, 2009

Stamp To Lose Challenge

This is the challenge for this week..Spark People, "Stamp To Lose." The challenge was embossing or ribbons and I just combined the two. I used the cuttlebug dot embossing folder and used some grosgrain ribbon from my mother's stash.

When my mom was alive she was just so crafty. She loved to go to the library and find projects that she could do on her limited income, SS. So many gifts she produced with her loving hands! When she died in 2002 I gathered her craft supplies and put them in a big bin. Here we are in 2009 and I am finally using some of them. I just could not share what little I had left...silly I guess!!


The image is water-colored and embellished with glitter pens here and there. As you can see..I just love bright primary colors. maybe if I ever get thin again I will switch from dreary black clothes to a splash of color!

4 comments:

  1. This card is darling. Silly? NO, just sentimental, I can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! You did a great job on the challenge! Bright and vivid, just like spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I'm ready for spring now after looking at your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the mixing of the different techniques and elements.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It means a lot to me. Mary GW