Saturday, November 1, 2014

White.  Today I chose white.  I don't often do white cards... maybe once in a blue moon.  I was perusing the web as I do most mornings while I sit quietly waiting for Bob and Betty to wake up.  (Hubby and Mother-in-law)  Some of my best quiet time is early morning when the sun is not up yet and there is nothing that must be done.  My cup of coffee in hand and I either spend time in a class or I flit around the internet from one creative artist's blog to another.

Today I saw a white card. It was totally white.  I think even the sentiment was done in white although I am not sure how I would have seen it. *smile* So I sketched out a card using white paper and when I finally got to my space,  snowflakes became the theme.  Here is card number one with the snow embossing folder, snowflake die (SSS), a strip of paper embossed with silver powder, and a little white embroidery thread for a bow.
 I used three sweet Martha Stewart blings and the Merry Christmas sentiment from my favorite Wplus9 set.

My next card was done using a Martha Stewart lace punch to make lace strips.  Then I made a bow from some holograph ribbon and used some Recollections Blue sparkle embossing powder to cover the die cut snowflake and made some glittery paper by swiping it with Versamark and adding the same blue powder.  I used it to die cut the word Joy.




Of course I had to add sequins and then I rounded the corners top and bottom with my chomper.



My WHITE day was a big success!


2 comments:

  1. I love both these cards, especially the white on white.....I see a possible CASE here

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both beautiful. I especially like the white on white. I have never tried making an all white card before; I admire them when I see them, and yours is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It means a lot to me. Mary GW