Monday, November 3, 2014

Today is the first day of Online Card Class, Holiday Card Workshop 2014.  I really liked Kristina Werner's clean and simple card.  The lesson today was mostly focused on mass producing cards and I CASE'D Kristina's card best I could without having all of the same supplies she had.

This was the first one I attempted.  I did the same basic card as Kristina but not the same stamp.  I started with a dark blue card stock and used a darker blue and some light to vreate the night sky. It did go much faster than starting with white card.  I heeded her advice about making sure that the Distress Ink was dry and used my heat tool, and even with doing that, it took a lot longer to dry than I imagined.

I was not thrilled with the two stamps above so I tried to find a different one and came up with the manger scene.
Believe it or not I used the same snow stencil to apply the embossing paste but one end leaves you in a blizzard and the other a snow flurry.  I did the night sky at the same time as I did the first one so it was totally dry by the time I got to it.  The good part about that is the white embossing powder doesn't stick to the card, making a mess.  I used a die tcut out the little pink hearts and glossy enamel to make them shiny.

What can I say... I love these classes!!!

3 comments:

  1. It's amazing how a few changes produces dramatically different results! They both look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the night sky you created. Both are great but I think I'm a little partial to the one with the manger scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to believe you used the same stencil on both--such a difference! But both cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It means a lot to me. Mary GW