Thursday, November 27, 2014

Christmas Wreath from Raisin Boat

Happy Thanksgiving to all who ceebrate it.  We picked up our dinner from the grocery store yesterday, all pre-cooked and ready for warming.  I've never done that but am hoping for the best.  Between pain, stress and Betty... whatever is easy, will make for a great Thanksgiving Day dinner!!

When I joined Raisin Boat I probably knew that I would be opting to buy a few sets I received during my rental. When these wreaths arrived, I purchased them right away because, I just loved their size and the beautiful bow which was part of the set.  I am pretty sure the Kristina's and Jennifer's of the stamping world, would somehow fussy cut the bow and then mask it... leaving perfection and the look of the bow being atop the wreath, but I HATE fussy cutting almost as much as dusting! 
I stamped this on kraft cardstock and then added Perfect Pearls berries and Wink of Stella here and there.  The seniment is from my favorite Wplus9 Heartfelt Holiday's set. 

As I gazed at the card I somehow could not get to liking the kraft background alone so I grabbed Ranger's enamel and made enamel snowflakes. I corner punched all four corners and used my new twine from Hobby Lobby. (This will be my first purchase in the store that is opening soon, less than 10 minutes from my house.  WOO HOO!!)  I want that twine in a few more colors.

The card base is GinaK cherry red.  I am telling you.. I LOVE GinaK cardstock.   Everytime I use it however, I am reminded of my $40.00 order that got shipped to my old address and those JERKS kept it... may they have one million ants invade their kitchen and bathroom!  Bob just told me to reorder that paper and never mind thinking about it... but it makes me so mad!  Pink, Black, White and a stamp scrubber.  Why the heck would those people keep them?  Grrrrrr! The post office was no help either.  So, maybe I will re-order but it irks me to think that people can be so dishonest.  Being honest it also irks me that my credit card went through on GinaK's end using an old address.  The zip codes were different as well.  Just drop it.  Can you see why Bob say's, "Just re-order it." Haaaaaa!! Poor guy hopes I'll stop ranting and raving. 






2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! Beautiful wreath! I love fussy-cutting! I find it relaxing. I just realized how much I actually fussy-cut - and it's a LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beauty! Great twine border. Your berries look great; I have such trouble with perfect pearls. That shipping mix-up and losing your order really stinks! I can't believe nothing could be done to fix it. I'd be steaming mad, too. I can't imagine being so dishonest. Ugh!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It means a lot to me. Mary GW