Friday, August 15, 2014

The sentiment on this card could not be more perfect. No card has made me smile more. Or, grimace?  Seriously.. last day of Stretch Your Stamps 2 and the theme was; play.  I was attempting to follow along with Jennifer McGuire and make a thick embossed backdrop for an embossed image.  After four tries I gave up!!  See the smile sentiment?  That is the ONLY thing that remained from any of my attempts.  I finally used some glittery blue powder and then stamped an image in black pigment, threw on some clear embossing powder and, called it a day.  So.. today was indeed PLAY DAY at my house.  

I am sad that today is the last day.  The good thing is that I purchased some of the other classes and will be learning a lot of fun techniques.

4 comments:

  1. You created a beautiful card during your play day! I love it! I, too, am sad this class is over. So glad you're going to take more. I've enjoyed every class I've taken from these gals. Super lessons! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't get enough. I just discovered the classes when this one was first mentioned and then they had a sale! Woo Hoo! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I think you ended up with a very unique card. Love the texture and sparkle. I caught my eye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbara.. I have had that sparkly embossing powder for more than 10 years and never opened it. I will use it more often now that I see how sparkly it is. It looks really pretty on my clothes & carpet too. :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It means a lot to me. Mary GW