Saturday, August 30, 2014

My new discovery is the Unity Stamp Company Kit of the month.  The stamps are a wonderful red rubber mounted on foam and come in a big sheet.  There are so many wonderful images and they stamp beautifully every time.  Now that my new best friend is my stamp-a-ma-jig, I am able to get really good placement.  I made two cards using the With Grateful Heart stamp.  



This first one I made using white frost pigment ink and then painted it with watercolors.  I didn't like the way the sentiment faded into the card.  The dash lines are in honor of Kristina Werner who had a tweet complainer about her dash lines, so I decided to mandate dash lines for the day.  *smile*





This second card I took a different approach.  I masked the entire wreath portion of the stamp and inked the sentiment only with white frost pigment ink.  I then embossed it using white embossing powder and got the "pop" I was looking for.  It was a little difficult to line the stamp up and stamp the wreath properly to have it surround the sentiment but I was able to use some tape on my acrylic block and got lucky.  I masked the sentiment the second time and stamped just the wreath.  I then watercolored the vine, leaves and hearts.  I used my Big Shot and two nesting Spellbinders dies to make the scalloped circle that is on the outside of the wreath.  The card base is Bazzill which I ran through the Big Shot in the dot embossing folder.  Liquid pearls, some dash lines and we have a card.

2 comments:

  1. You do such great work mary! Really love the layers of the textures you create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors on this, Mary! The wreath is just gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some love :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It means a lot to me. Mary GW