Saturday, May 9, 2009

To Honor My Mother





Frances Gray my mom!
1916 - 2002

I honor the memory of my mom with a happy heart, fond memories, and hope in my heart. She was the most awesome woman I have ever known and I miss her terribly.
I put together a scrapbook in record speed after her death...to display after the funeral. We had gone through her drawers and here are two of the things I found.

I Have Found Such Joy

I have found such joy in simple things;
A plain clean room, a nut-brown loaf of bread,
A cup of milk, a kettle as it sings,
The shelter of a roof above my head,
And in a leaf-laced square along a floor,
Where yellow sunlight glimmers through a door.

I have found such joy in things that fill
My quiet days; a curtain's blowing grace,
A potted plant upon my windowsill,
A rose fresh-cut and placed within a vase,
A table cleared, a lamp beside a chair,
And books I long have loved beside me there.

Grace Noll Crowell

And....her sense of humor helped to keep her chin up.
"I don't mind dying. I just don't want to be there when it happens." Woody Allen










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It means a lot to me. Mary GW